Sunday 9 March 2008

Why I did not write

There are many winds that blow across the pale blue skies. Winds of hope, winds of change, winds of disillusion; winds of heightened expectation. 

The latter wind ferretted my enclave and made me wait. I had to wait and see how things were happening in Zimbabwe. This to give Simba Makoni enough time to make sense to the Zimbabwean community, Mugabe to start insulting kith and kin, and Morgan to begin drumming the same tune as the aged leader. 

In my quietness I have appreciated the move by AGO Mutambara and his faction, and I continue to rally behind the call for a truly democratic dispensation to this day.  Expressions of solidarity in a trying environment, particularly challenging how things are, make for greater reading and concern. 

Roy Bennett was in the news the other day,  vying to put as much mud in Makoni's campaign. Glad for the response by David Coltart. We do not need to rewrite history in order to demonise people...

Oh I am writing again!

No comments: